PDA

View Full Version : Pump recommendations for a waterfall

Lerm2006
05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello,
I am building a pool and would like some recommendations for a good pump for my waterfall. The waterfall size is 50 sq. ft, the pump will be located no more than 10' away, it will be plumbed with 2" pipe and the motor will be dedicated. I know Pentair makes a specialty waterfall pump, but I don't want to pay the outrageous price for it. The plumber spec'd out a 3/4hp whisperflow ( I will be using a separate whisperflow for the filtration system) but is that the best pump for the job? From everything I have read a low head, high flow pump will give me the best results. Any suggestions? I would also like it to be a quiet as possible, since it is so close to the pool, but cost is also a consideration. Thank you.

handy1
05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't know if you are set on a separate pump, but we had a waterfall installed last summer, and our pool guys used a valve that diverted flow from our polaris pump to the waterfall. It works great since we don't use the polaris all the time. We can turn on that pump and turn the waterfall on full or any partial strength we want. We can also turn it off completely when we want the full strength to the polaris. You may want to consider that, if you have a separate pump for your pool cleaner. Just an idea!