PDA

View Full Version : More Dolphin questions

west1745
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Our new Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage is working very well.

3 Questions:

1) Where do you store it when not in use?

2) How often do you use it in your pool? I know part of the answer is as needed - but is it best to run it once a week when the pool is not that dirty so as to keep it really clean? Or do you have to worry about wearing it out?

3) What parts wear out the quickest?

THANKS!

Davenj
05-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Summer time, in a shed on the cart. I run mine about once a week. Amazing how much stuff it picks up in a clean looking pool. Haven't had it long enough to know the answer to third questions.

cgc2
05-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Have only had mine a couple of month now, and we are just now starting to use the pool, so prior to that I used the thinner of the two bags that came with the unit to keep the leaves, etc. at bay.

Now I have switched to the finer cleaning filter, which really does clean up the water. I use it once every 3 days.

So I like a clean pool !

PhantomAndy
05-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Our new Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage is working very well.

3 Questions:

1) Where do you store it when not in use?

I have a rubbermaid shed out by the pool - it goes on the cart, and in the shed

2) How often do you use it in your pool? I know part of the answer is as needed - but is it best to run it once a week when the pool is not that dirty so as to keep it really clean? Or do you have to worry about wearing it out?

I use mine only when there's significant dirt, and I just don't have time to swim to the bottom with the hose. I often just use a hose to pickup the bugs and debri the accumulate at the bottom of the deep end. I always use the Dolphin before company comes over - I want the pool to be spotless for guests

3) What parts wear out the quickest?

I can't help you on this. I'm starting my 3rd season with my Dolphin, and I haven't had anything break yet. The cord is showing some wear (twisting from when it gets stuck on the Main Drain and I don't catch it quick enough). I hope it keeps it up for a few more years before I have to get into repairs/parts.

On another note - I probably run the full 8 hour cycle on my Dolphin Diagnostic about 20 times per season (I'm in Kentucky so the season is about 4 months long give or take)

THANKS!