PDA

View Full Version : Ah, my 29K gallon hot tub.....

aylad
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
My pool water temp hit a balmy 98 degrees today :eek: Of course, the air temps were 104 with 98% humidity, so the heat index is actually 120. It's a shame when it's actually too hot to swim!! :(

Janet

Watermom
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Wow. You're right, that is too hot to swim, especially when the water is so warm that even that doesn't feel refreshing. We had a similar day here. Really humid here also and 98 degrees on my deck, but you got me beat. Our heat index was "only" 109. My pool isn't anywhere near as warm as yours, though. It was around 86-87 yesterday which in my book is perfect but one of the hoses going to my solar panel sprung a pretty good leak and I lost about 4 inches of water before we noticed it. So, after hubby fixed it, I had to put the hose in to refill and the water coming out of the hose was pretty chilly. Not sure what my water temp is now. Didn't get to swim today. Too hot during the day and I can't take that kind of sun so I usually swim in the evenings. But, about 6 pm this evening, a pretty big thunderstorm came along and then it rained for a couple of hours. So no swimming tonight. But, on the bright side, I didn't have to water the flowers tonight! That is always a good thing!

EDIT -- after I posted, I was reading online local news. Not too far from where I live, a tree fell on a car and killed the driver. That was quite a storm we had!

waterbear
08-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I wish MY pool would stay that warm. Mine won't go above 90! (Then again, when I run my heater I keep it set at 88!)
THIS is what growing up in S. FL does to you!:eek:
Can't stand to go in a pool that is under about 85 degrees and THAT is cold to me.

BigTallGuy
08-05-2010, 09:18 PM
The water temp in My AG pool hits as high as 96° just outside of Phoenix. All I need now is a bar of soap and a Rubber Duckie for a complete bath. But I agree with Waterbear anything under about 85° is too cold.

cleancloths
08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I think IG pools stay cooler as they are surrounded by the ground of five sides. Mine is about 85 degrees here in NJ, which I actually consider a little too warm. Maybe I should stop using the solar and keep the cover off, but then in a few weeks it will start getting cold, so I guess it is better to build the heat reservoir now.

aylad
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I think IG pools stay cooler as they are surrounded by the ground of five sides.

Mine is IG!! Hate to see what it would be if it were AG.... :eek:

We normally swim well into September and sometimes early October,but at this rate we'll still be swimming at Thanksgiving!!

Janet

waterbear
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Mine is IG!! Hate to see what it would be if it were AG.... :eek:

We normally swim well into September and sometimes early October,but at this rate we'll still be swimming at Thanksgiving!!

Janet

And this is a problem how?:D

aylad
08-07-2010, 10:36 AM
And this is a problem how?:D

You've got a point, but somehow there's something unnatural about having to come in from the pool to eat Thanksgiving dinner, even for down here !! ;)

Janet

CarlD
08-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Mine goes up to 90, I forget to cover it, and it's back to 82. Now I'm turning to solar panels on full blast for later!

I just love having warm water...

waterbear
08-07-2010, 11:32 AM
You've got a point, but somehow there's something unnatural about having to come in from the pool to eat Thanksgiving dinner, even for down here !! ;)

Janet

Not for me. I usually have a lot of family visiting and we set up tables on the patio and eat next to the pool because it's beautiful here at that time of year. Thenkiving day is spent IN the pool until it's time to eat. After dinner the lounge chairs around the pool are usually filled with people sleeping off the meal!