PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!!!!

Sheri
07-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Janet you have been amazing. This forum has been amazing.

We have had our inground installed for just about a month. I literally shocked and added stabilizer when we first were filled and now add bleach (1 gallon every other day according to the pool calculator). Our test results have been perfect, no chlorine smell, and beautiful sparkly water. Tonight at added some muriatic acid for the first time because our ph was at the higher end of normal. I added a bit more stabilizer to try to get us closer to 40. I just feel like this is all going too smoothly. I use the chlorine/ph HTH test everyday, double check the chlorine with the Taylor kit every other day and run a full set of tests with the K-2006 once every weekend. The baracuda pool vacuum runs for a couple hours everyday, I skim once a day? Is there anything else I should be doing?

I kind of feel like I am missing something. My brother has constant pool problems and spends a small fortune at the pool store. Pool maintenance is his 2nd full time job. Against my advice, he spent almost 100 dollars on calcium for his vinyl lined pool and continues to use pucks. He can't seem to comprehend that the beloved pool store is causing his problems.

Anyway, if BBB is saving me this much money, making pool maintenance a breeze, and giving me beautiful looking water I will be forever grateful!!!!

Today's results:
TC 4
CC 0
Ph 7.8 (added acid)
TA 120 (can aerate when the ph drops-Is my goal 90?)
CA 110
CYA 30

Watermom
07-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Looks like you are doing great! Your numbers look fine. Actually, your pH was ok at 7.8. Anything between 7.2-7.8 is ok but you are fine with adding a little acid to drop it a little. Likewise, your TA is fine at 120. I wouldn't mess with it. Anywhere 80-125 or so is fine for vinyl. I don't think you are missing a thing. Everything looks terrific. Enjoy your pool and give your brother our website. (Has he seen how great your pool looks?)

aylad
07-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Ain't it great?? ;)

Doesn't look like you're missing a single thing, except all the time, worry, and money that your brother is putting into his pool. Be diligent with your testing, resist the temptation to get lazy about it, and enjoy your pool!!

Janet