PDA

View Full Version : First result set with Taylor kit, need balancing/clearing help

kluczenk
07-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi all, I've posted previously in the algae section and received great responses. I was able to clear my murky pool but in waiting for my Taylor test kit to arrive it has started to go green on me again. Please take a look at these results and let me know how to proceed:

FC=0
pH=7.6
TA=200
CH=325
CYA=70
Water balance=.575 (using the included wheel)

I have a 33,000 gallon chlorinated plaster pool and due to high levels of stabilizer have been told that I should just use regular bleach to chlorinate the pool or be forced to empty and refill to reduce stabilizers (which won't happen this summer). How much bleach do I need to add to the pool to get my chlorine to a high level and kill off the algea. I don't know whether to go out and buy 3 or 4 bottles of bleach or 20 or 30. I'll obviously continue to run the pumps and will scrub and vacuum the pool as well. Please help to clean the pool back up.

Watermom
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Please don't double post. Lets keep all the info about your pool in one place. I'm locking this thread and we'll let people continue to help you in your other thread. Thanks.