PDA

View Full Version : Need an Installer for a 24 ft round in Chicago Area

joanie109
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
We are getting my sister's 1 year old pool and I need someone to install it. We are going to take it down ourselves but I have been getting some crazy quotes to get it installed. Anyone have a recomendation of an installer that was reasonable. I also would like to sink it about 2 feet and that charge is insane. Especially the charge to remove the dirt. $60/yard and we would have about 25-30 yards??? Need some help.

Watermom
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Joanie,
Unfortunately, getting references and naming names is not allowed on the forum. I hope you'll be able to find someone who will do a good job for you. Good luck.

CarlD
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
You have just stumbled onto one of the big problems of AG pools--nobody ever realizes the expense of leveling the dirt. Digging down is STILL cheaper than building up.

Leveling the site can cost more than the pool. No joke.

Watermom
07-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Leveling is a big pain in the you know what and frustrating. How well I remember. It was the hardest part. But. SO worth it!

CarlD
07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Had to do it twice, once for a 15' Intex then for my FantaSea. The SE end is on the ground and the NW end is elevated almost 3 feet! Had to use retaining wall block and fill it with Quarry Product--like crushed stone only not as clean, but just as much drainage and higher coefficient of friction. Cost a painful fortune (few AG pools cost as much as that base!) but well worth it.